Lay your cards on the table and declare your love with this Valentine’s Day craft. Using just a deck of old playing cards and some general craft supplies, you can create a unique and fun Valentine’s Day decoration that’s made with love (and a lot of stickers, too)!
What You Need:
- Old deck of cards
- Pink or red ribbon
- Old hanger
- Adhesive tape
- Optional: Double-sided sticky tape
- Construction paper, red and pink
- Stickers, glitter, jewels and other craft supplies
What You Do:
- Find an old deck of cards that you don’t plan on playing with in the future and take out all the heart cards. Your child can choose some or all of these hearts cards to use in the mobile.
- Let your child cut out heart shapes in various sizes from the construction paper. If she’s stuck on the shape, remind her of the old fold-over trick!
- When she’s done cutting out her heart shapes, she can decorate! Let her use her favorite craft supplies like glitter, stickers, markers and more to decorate her construction paper hearts.
- Help your child cut and tie three red or pink ribbons around the bottom of an old hanger. You may want to add tape around the top of the ribbon to help it stay in place.
- Now your child can plan the design of her mobile. Have her place the heart cards and construction paper hearts in a pattern of her choosing onto the ribbons.
- Show her how to put tape, joined at the ends to make a loop, on the back of each card and construction paper heart to attach them to the ribbons. If you want to skip the extra step of looping the tape, you can use double-sided tape instead.
- Hang up your mobile and enjoy!