Make Say Cheese Flowers
Looking for a cute and creative gift that won’t break the bank? This sweet card stock bouquet featuring your child’s photo is sure to make Mom or Grandma smile on Mother’s Day or any day of the year. With plenty of cutting and coloring, this craft is also great for your child’s fine motor skills.
What You Need:
- Several sheets of card stock in various colors, cut into 4” x 4” flower shapes (you can use a flower-shaped cookie cutter)
- Crayons or markers
- Small photo of your child
- Green pipe cleaners
- Clear tape
- 1 full sheet of card stock
What You Do:
- Encourage your child to decorate at least three or four of the card stock flowers with crayons or markers.
- Glue your child’s photo in the center of one of the decorated flowers.
- Help her tape green pipe cleaners to the back of each flower to create stems.
- Invite her to decorate the full sheet of card stock with crayons or markers.
- Roll the card stock into a funnel shape and secure with clear tape. Make sure the decorations on the card stock are facing out.
- Place the flowers inside the card stock funnel to create a fun bouquet.
Use a large flower-shaped cookie cutter as a pattern for creating the flower shapes.
Instead of card stock use index cards, poster board, or cardboard scraps for the flowers.
Personalize the bouquet by writing the letters of the recipient’s name on the flowers.