This witches’ brew recipe for kids makes a scary drink for Halloween parties! This delicious witches’ brew looks like a pungent cocktail made for conjurers, but it’s actually a refreshing drink made of tinted lemonade, tapioca pearls, and gummy worms. The tapioca “eggs” are popularly used in Taiwanese bubble tea drinks. Read on to learn how to make this witches’ brew recipe for kids, and serve the drink in individual mason jars or a big punch bowl for a whole party of witches!
What You Need:
- ½ cup whole tapioca pearls
- Seltzer water
- Green and yellow food coloring
- Gummy worms
- Mason jars
- Colorful straws
What You Do:
- Boil six cups of water and add in the tapioca pearls, cooking according to instructions. You’ll cook it for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the pearls along with the water into a bowl. Add in four drops of yellow and two drops of green food coloring and stir.
- Add two tablespoons of sugar. Allow this mixture to sit for half an hour.
- Rinse and drain the pearls using cold water.
- Arrange your jars in a row. Add in two spoons of tapioca “eggs” into each jar.
- Fill them two-thirds of the way full with seltzer water.
- Top the jar off with lemonade.
- Drop in a couple of gummy worms, add a colorful straw and serve!