This spooky ghost activity gets your child to turn his hand prints into a ghastly ghoul! Help your child make a scary decoration, while he practices tracing and cutting along lines. This spooky ghost activity is sure to get your little one into a frightfully festive mood for the Halloween season!
What You Need:
- White paper
- Black marker
- Glue stick
What You Do:
- Have your child place a sheet of white paper in a landscape position. It will be long from side to side and have a shorter width.
- Ask her to fold one side of the paper so it matches up with the other side, left to right.
- Inquire which hand she draws with, and ask her to place her opposite hand on the sheet of folded paper. Encourage her to fan her fingers apart.
- Ask her to use her other hand to trace around her fingers with a pencil. Let her know that she should take as much time as she needs.
- When she finishes, flip the paper upside down and extend the lines of her wrist into the head of a ghost. It should look something like a light bulb.
- Keep the paper folded and have her cut along the lines she’s drawn. She should end up with 2 ghost-like shapes!
- Have her glue the two hand prints together at the top, where the ghost’s head is located. The cut out fingers should be slightly off-line, so they’re not stacked.
- Ask her to finish the ghost by drawing eyes and a mouth on its face to give it some personality!