Hand print Angel
This hand print angel adds some sparkle to Christmas. This hand print angel is turns your child’s hand prints into beautiful angel wings. This homemade hand print angel makes a beautiful cover for a Christmas card, or as a special piece of art for Mom and Dad!
What You Need:
- Pink construction paper
- Blue construction paper
- Aluminum foil
- White paint
- Metallic pipe cleaners
What You Do:
- Help your child pour a small amount of white paint onto a plate.
- Have her dip her hand into the paint before making a practice hand print “stamp” on a sheet of newspaper.
- When she’s confident with her hand print stamps, have her carefully make two stamps in the center of the blue paper. Each hand print’s fingers should be pointed out — just like angel wings.
- Let your child cut out a large triangle from a sheet of aluminum foil. This shiny piece will be her angel’s body.
- Have her glue the triangle, shiny side up, on top of the wings.
- Let her cut a circle from the pink construction paper to be her angel’s head.
- Then have her glue the pink circle to the top of the foil triangle.
- Time to make the angel’s halo! Help your child curve a metallic pipe cleaner into an oval or circle shape.
- Let her glue the halo on top of the angel’s head.
- To complete her angel, have her use markers to draw in the angel’s face.