Get your child into the spirit of sharing by making these treat cones for loved ones. You’ll get to reuse those beloved old Christmas cards by filling them with candies and toys, and turn them into something to enjoy for years. This activity is a great twist on the traditional Christmas stocking, and lets the family build a tradition and practice their crafting skills together.
What You Need:
- Old greeting cards
- Template pattern
- Hole punch
What You Do:
- Help your child print out the template, and tape it onto an old greeting card.
- Now he can cut along the dashed lines, and then crease it along the solid lines.
- If the template is still taped to the card, remove it, and squeeze some glue onto the tab.
- Fold in the sides of the cone and hold it closed until the glue on the tab dries. The easiest way to do this is to press the cone against a table top.
- Have your child punch a hole into the top of the cone and thread a piece of yarn through.
- Tie off the yarn to create a loop to hang the cone.
- Fill the cones with candy or popcorn, and hang them from a tree or hook until they’re ready to give away.