Green Punch Recipe
A simple combination of lime sherbet, fresh lime juice, and lemon lime soda, this frothy, effervescent beverage is sure to make your St. Patrick’s Day celebration an extra festive affair. Friends will be green with envy if you don’t share, so be sure to prepare a large batch for everyone to enjoy. This activity involves plenty of pouring and stirring—be sure to get your kindergarten to lend a hand!
What You Need:
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ quarts key lime sherbet
- 1 2-liter bottle of lemon lime soda
- Ice cubes
- Green sugar (optional)
- Green maraschino cherries and lime wedges (optional)
What You Do:
- Have your child put the lime juice and water in a large punch bowl.
- Slowly stir in the sherbet.
- Add the lemon lime soda and stir. Watch as it starts to froth!
- Now it’s time to get the drinking glasses ready. To create the sugar rim, pour some colored sugar on a plate. Moisten your fingertip with water and rub it around the rim of the glass, then press the rim of the glass in the sugar and twist it around to give it a nice even coat.
- Put a few ice cubes into the glass and fill it with punch.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and green maraschino cherry if desired.
What a festive way to quench everyone’s thirst this St. Patrick’s Day!