Here Comes Santa Claus
Help your kid welcome her favorite person of the Christmas season. She’ll cut out rectangles, circles and triangles to create a portrait of the jolliest man of them all: Santa Claus!
What You Need:
- Paper plate
- Construction paper (white, red, pink)
- Cotton ball
- Black marker
- Glue stick
What You Do:
- Ask your child to cut out a large circle for Santa’s face using the pink construction paper. Show her the inside circle of the paper plate and ask her to try and make it as large as that area.
- Place the white paper horizontally on the table (landscape). Encourage her to cut 10 long strips of white paper about two fingers wide from the bottom to the top of the paper.
- Place the red paper on top of the pink circle. Ask her to cut out a large hat for Santa. The base should cover the pink circle and his hat will look like a triangle with a giant “u” at the top.
- Have her glue the pink circle to the center of the plate. Then, glue the hat on Santa’s head.
- Help her use the glue stick to glue the loops of his beard from the pink circle to the back of the plate.
- Encourage her to cut out facial features for Santa. Have her cut out two circles for his eyes, a triangle for his nose and a large “u” smile shape for his lips. Glue them in place.
- Have her draw a dot of black in each eye.
- Put the finishing touch on Santa by having her glue a cotton ball to the tip of his hat.