No Bake Play Dough
Do you need a quick no-bake recipe for play dough? All you need to create a day’s worth of joy are some simple ingredients and some elbow grease! Your preschooler will love helping to create his own bright and cheery play dough!
What You Need:
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Cold Water
- Flour (regular or gluten-free)
- Vegetable Oil
- Food coloring
- Cutting board
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup salt
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
What You Do:
- Show your child how to measure using the measuring cup and measuring spoons. Help him mix together 1 cup of cold water, 1 cup of salt, 2 teaspoons of oil and food coloring to create his favorite color in a bowl.
- Slowly have him add the 3 cups of flour and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to the mixture and stir until it starts to feel like bread dough.
- Have him place the dough onto the cutting board.
- Help him knead the dough until it reaches the correct consistency.
Helpful Tips: You can eliminate the food coloring if you want the dough to stay white. Also, store the dough in tightly-sealed plastic containers to play with again and again!